A Summer on the Move at Sound Stewardship!
In the midst of our “Big Move” the team at Sound Stewardship still had plenty of time for fun and adventure this summer.
As the days grew longer and the temperatures soared, our team embarked on a whirlwind of activities. Everyone worked from home for the summer while the new office was being built out. But we were still getting things done! Here are a few of the firm upgrades we’ve been working on:
- Of course, the office relocation has loomed large, including design decisions, furniture purchases, and the move-in itself.
- We rolled out text messaging for Wealth Advisors and the Service Associates (compliance approved!), allowing clients more direct access to their team when needed.
- Our annual renewal process has been re-designed to make it easier to continue with us without signing an entirely new financial planning agreement.
- We’ve started a monthly webinar series so far covering topics such as Finding Senior Care for Aging Parents, the College Search Process, and Digital Cybersecurity.
- The planners have enjoyed building out our new financial planning software RightCapital. This new tool allows us to build plans faster with better connections to our other software platforms and market assumptions.
- Our Faith-Driven Portfolios have been upgraded after a lengthy review of the latest options available for values-based investing.
Of course everyone was able to enjoy their time with family and create many unforgettable memories. Read on for a condensed version of everyone’s unique summer breaks!
The Syversons had a unique adventure to the Great Smoky Mountains with over 50 feet of vehicles and bicycles.
They also continued their annual tradition of attending Kanakuk Family Kamp in Branson, MO.
The Harrisons enjoyed camping out West this summer. North Dakota marked Jonathan’s last continental US state to visit! Between a mission trip and camps, his kids were all over the place.
Now the family is back into a busy schedule of cross country, soccer, youth symphony, and choir.
Joel & Jenine welcomed their 4th grandchild this summer, and now have a granddaughter to spoil along with their 3 grandsons.
They also enjoyed traveling around Alaska in an RV for a few weeks to celebrate their 40th wedding Anniversary. One of the most memorable parts of the trip was the chance to travel to the Arctic Circle and “step across” the line that few people have the opportunity to see.
Derek and his wife Tracy went on vacation for the first time without kids! They enjoyed a nice trip to Keystone Colorado. They enjoyed hiking, seeing different mountain towns, and catching monster trout!
Josh and his wife Eliannah took a seven-day cruise up Canada’s East Coast. The weather was beautiful, the food was fantastic, and they enjoyed meeting people on the ship.
They wanted to do a big trip before their first child was born. Then Simeon arrived in mid-September! Josh is now on parental leave enjoying time with the new baby.
After spending time in the Colorado mountains in the fall of 2022, the Buethe family had another “staycation” summer in 2023. They enjoyed camping and fishing with friends, entertaining out-of-state relatives on several occasions, attending their niece’s wedding, and various day trips to area activities.
Jordan’s family spent a lot of time outside taking care of their animals and garden. They also enjoyed a couple of visits to Worlds of Fun with friends and a trip to Silver Dollar City with family.
Ambra and her family enjoyed a summer jammed pack with kid sports, including baseball, soccer, football, basketball & gymnastics. Whew!
When the heat of July set in, they were able to break away and head up north to Lake Superior. It was a fun trip full of hiking, rocky beaches, blueberry picking, boating around the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore and even a trip to the Mall of America on the way home.
Cindy enjoyed a wonderful trip to New York City! The 911 Memorial was the highlight of her trip. She also visited Southern California, getting some relaxing beach time.
She enjoyed attending the Barbie Movie with her daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters.
Heatherlee and her family spent a lot of time on the water fishing at their local lake. Their kids really enjoyed being pulled on the tube!
They also took a beach vacation to Cozumel and spent a lot of time at their local water park.
Our team at Sound Stewardship had a fun-filled summer! We are thankful for a strong team that is flexible and allows each employee to take time away without experiencing a huge impact. Everyone is happy to jump in and take on tasks to help alleviate the gap so everyone can utilize their vacation time to its fullest potential.< Back to Updates